Sunday, July 19, 2009

McDonalds Bacon and Potato Pie

Since I got to Japan I’ve had a great time checking out all of the strange and wonderful food available all over the place. One of the treats that I’ve seen advertising for but had yet to try was McDonalds Bacon and Potato Pie.
The pie itself looked just like their apple and cherry pies that I remember. To be honest I haven’t had one of those in a while either. The idea too seemed to make sense, as I have had both sweet a savoury pies in my lifetime.
After one bite I knew I was in for some real fun.
The insides for some reason where kind of creamy. As if it was more than just potato and bacon, maybe some kind of cream sauce too. Also the bacon flavour was strong but I could barely find any actual bacon to bite into. I guess it was ok, but I probably will steer clear of it in the future.

CC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the greatest McDonalds food ever, I want one and I want one now!!!

Gregory said...

I thought just about everything you said on those things, minus the eating it part. One bit and into the garbage. NASTY! Love the blog by the way. :-)

Chris Stewart said...

To anonymous: I'm not sure where they sell these and I'm pretty sure they'd only get more gross in any kind of shipping.

To Gregory: I always measure a food by either how quickly I eat it or how far I manage to get through it. This took a while but I could eat it, however I have a high tolerance for food that is mass-produced.

And thanks for the kind words.