Friday, July 01, 2011

Bugs In Lollipops

People sometimes ask me why I've never reviewed candy with bugs in them for Candy Critic.  It's not that I'm chicken to eat one of these, in fact I've tried bug candies several times.  The problem I have with them is the idea that the bug is really there just for show, and does nothing towards taste or texture.  I've never bitten into a piece of chocolate and thought that it would be a little tastier with a grasshopper in it.  Every time I've eaten bug candy, I often find that the treat is fine, and the bug doesn't really taste like anything.  So to me, bug candy is all about the spectacle and has very little to do with eating candy.  If someone thinks they have a candy that is better because it has a bug in it, I'll give it a try, and I'll promise a review either way.

Click here to read about some bug candies.

CC

No comments: