Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pierogi Festival - A Photo Journal (Photos by Allison Stewart)

While walking down the streets of Krakow, I came across a site that left me in shock.
It was a sign for one of the greatest festivals I'd ever heard of.
I made my way through the pierogi vendors checking out all the different varieties of pierogis available.
But it wasn't just pierogi, they also had waffles...
And candy...
Even the coolest cow bench that you ever did see.  It's like this wasn't as much a pierogi festival as a festival for things that Chris Stewart really likes.
I checked out every single vendor, looking for the perfect choice of pierogi.
And eventually I went for the desert pierogi with blueberries, raspberries, and sweet cheese filling, just like Grandma used to make.
So tasty.
I couldn't stop shoving them in my mouth.
I ate until my tummy was full, and I was just a little sleepy.
The Krakow pierogi festival, a good time for all... Until you eat so many pierogi that you can't walk straight and you feel a little dizzy.

CC

No comments: