Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wedel Chocolate Shop In Warsaw

While walking through Warsaw I saw what I can only describe as one of the strangest signs I've ever seen.  It appears to be a guy dressed in red, carrying a few giant chocolate bars, while riding a zebra.  Come to think of it, the only really strange part of this is the zebra.  If you saw a guy in red walking down the street carying giant chocolate bars you'd probably just get excited and hope he was planning to share.  If he was ridding a zebra, you'd probably be a little more freaked out than excited.
As it turns out, under this strange sign is a chocolate shop, but not just any ordinary chocolate shop.  This chocolate shop is in the house of Emil Wedel, founder of the popular chocolate treats.  Inside it's very fancy, and you can choose if you want to enjoy a chocolate drink in the cafe, or just buy some sweets at the candy counter.
The selection of treats is vast.  They not only carry the regular Wedel bars and sweets that you can find in stores, but they also carried more fine quality treats.
I decided to try out these pistachio truffles.  Although the experience at the shop was great, and I'm normally happy with Wedel bars and treats, I have to say that these chocolates disappointed me.  I couldn't taste any pistachio at all, and only found one or two small pieces in the creamy center.

CC

No comments: