Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Airport Find - Hot Dog Airplane

One of my favorite things about traveling is checking out airports.  In particular I love checking out all of the unique treats and treat advertising that you can only find in airports.  On my recent trip to Brussels I took note of a few of the great candy displays and exclusive treats, and I'm going to post a new one every day this week.
I like this sign a lot, the idea of a hot dog airplane makes me giggle, and I just like the sentence "Need Food?".  The problem I have with this sign is how it seems to be advertising the idea that you can get food at a reasonable price in an airport.  With a few exception, food is overpriced at almost every airport in the world and I'm certain they do this because they know that travelers have no other choices.  I have spent 20 euros (that's like 35 dollars) on Burger King in an airport for one person, if that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.

CC

No comments: