Monday, June 25, 2012

This Week In Candy

Candy News -  Summer is officially here, and that means two things.  Many frozen treats are starting to pop up in the candy world, and many delivery companies will not ship chocolate great distances.  The frozen treats make me happy, it's a great way to cool off in the summer, and the variety of treats you can get now a days is pretty spectacular.  The lack of chocolate delivery makes me sad because I've been thinking about ordering a few things, and now I have to wait for it to cool down a bit.

What's Happening At Candy Critic - We had two new projects start up last week.  One is my latest art project, in association with our sister site bewarethecheese.com.  I've decided to create a piece for my art collection known as "Senses" on theme of marshmallows and texture.  I still have no idea exactly what the piece will look like, but I'm going to document the process of making this piece regularly on this blog.  I've also decided to do a food experiment.  I'm going to attempt to acquire a taste for Marmite, a spread that either people love or they hate.  I've been told if you eat enough of it, you'll learn to love it, so that's what I'm going to try and do.

Rant - Lately, I've been reading a lot about diet.  In particular I've been reading books about diets and how people can lose weight.  I have yet to read about a diet that works for everybody, in fact I'm fairly sure that picking your diet (to lose weight and to keep healthy) is a very personal choice.  These books can create a nice guide, but you really have to look at yourself and be honest.  This might sound strange coming from a guy that writes about candy all the time, but I believe that a sweet treat can be incorporated into any diet, and that moderation in your sweet treats is the key.

CC

No comments: