Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - Black Out Fun

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week, I'm re-publishing the article I wrote during the big North American blackout of 2003.

In the East coast of North America a huge power failure had shut down many major cities in both Canada and the US. Seeing as though I happen to live in one of the cities (Toronto), I guess you might be interested in knowing how a little power failure would affect the world of candy. For the most part nothing really happened that I could see. I'm sure sales of foods that don't spoil, like chocolate bars and chips, went up a bit during the power failure, but I'm sure it wasn't that drastic an increase.

I survived the power failure without it affecting my candy eating habits. Then a couple of days after the power failure I went to my local store and I bought myself an ice cream bar. It was one of the freshest bars I've eaten in a long time. Then it hit me, with no power the freezers were not working, and many stores had to sell off their ice cream so it wouldn't spoil. This in itself is reason to be happy, but the repercussions go beyond that.

Now that stores are out of ice cream, they have to restock. This means fresh ice cream treats for all. This means if your an ice cream connoisseur and you want the best of the best, get your ice cream now! Often  people settle for old ice cream treats not really knowing the joy of having a smooth, creamy delight with a hard cookie shell. Really, enjoy it now because next year it will all be back to the old stuff for everyone. Actually, within a month it will start to get bad. Eat the fresh black out ice cream, it's worth the experience!

CC

No comments: