Monday, October 15, 2012

This Week In Candy

Last week, sadly, our little pet cockatiel Jody passed away.  She's been with us since the start of Candy Critic and she lived a pretty good life.  She not only provided us with a fun distraction, but on occasion she was know to have sampled a few of the salty snacks along with us (we didn't let her eat the sweet ones).  She will be missed.

Well, back to the candy, in particular, Halloween.  I've noticed a new trend in Halloween, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.  I think kids these days aren't really as "into" Halloween as the grown ups.  While my family enjoyed Halloween and we always went out trick or treating, I don't think my parents generation got all dressed up as people do now.  Basically I think Halloween is turning into an adults holiday, maybe even more than a kids holiday.  I start to wonder how this will affect the candy portion of this tradition.

Finally I'm still looking for more candy companies that are releasing special treats for Halloween.  If you're a candy company with any kind of special treats out for the upcoming holiday, drop us a line because we want to promote you for free.

CC

No comments: