Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Baking Today/My Greek Cookbook - Why Am I Doing This?

 A friend recently asked me why I was baking so much.  It occurred to me that I probably haven't announced my latest big project, it's a cookbook. I was asked by my agent to produce a cookbook about sweets.  In particular I've decided to write a cookbook about Greek sweets.
 I figured that it would be a good idea for me to keep my bake on, and practice a lot.  I also figured it would be a good idea to write about the journey of discovery that is serious baking.  I have many recipes to master and so far a good deal of time to work on them.  I've also decided to bake non-Greek treats as well, so I can improve my general baking skills.
The basic plan for the book has been laid out, so it's just a question of filling in the details.  I'll keep you posted on how it's going, and most likely solicit some advice from anybody out there that likes to play with Greek sweets and bake sweet things.

CC

No comments: