Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - Better or Worse

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week I examine my delima when I discovered more than one type of super fudge frozen treat.

This article was not planned, and then it happened, the first great day of the summer. You know what I love about the first day of summer? The first cool treat on a warm day. So there I am walking down the street into my local store and I'm off to the ice cream case. Then I see it, one of my favourites, a super fudge Popsicle. Thinking a simple choice was to be had, I made a horrible discovery. There was more than one type of super fudge Popsicles. So being the Candy Critic, I bought both and I'm going to compare the two and let you know what I think.

Super Fudge
Nestlé

Simply perfection. This has got to be one of the greatest ice cream treats ever made. This is one of the treats that I will purchase again and again. If you find one and you’re in the mood for a fudgy treat, this is the one for you. The only reason you might not like it is, that it’s super sweet.


Xtreme Fudge
Good Humor

I really couldn't figure this one out. At first it was awesome, imagine a Fudgsicle dipped in chocolate. It was a great start but as I ate it I was left a little disappointed. All it did was change shades of brown as I got lower. It's a great treat but not the best.

All things are not created equal, and that's a good thing because I would be out of business if they were. If given the choice, I have to go with the Nestlé Super Fudge - it just gave a little more. You know what would rock? If the two companies came together and made a Super Xtreme fudge treat, but that’s only in my dreams I guess.

CC

No comments: