Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Best Cream Ever With a Dessert

Sometimes I eat in fancy restaurants, not often, but sometimes.  Whenever I eat in a fancy restaurant, I always try the desserts, strangely enough I'm often disappointed in the desserts at most fancy restaurants.  Chances are you'll find a better dessert at a local cheap bakery.  Today however I discovered a dessert that was like nothing I've ever had before... well sort of.
I had dinner at Milos in the Athens Hilton Hotel, for dessert I ordered the Lemon Custard.  The Lemon Custard itself was OK, nothing to write home about, but it was fine.  The thing worth writing about this day was the dollop of cream on the side, it was spectacular.  Best of all it went with the Lemon Custard perfectly.  The best way to describe this cream was like a slightly sweetened sour cream, like a super high quality cream fresh.  I would be surprised if they made this cream in house, and I'd really like to know where they bought it, because I think it would work really well with so many other desserts as well.

CC

No comments: