Saturday, December 15, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - The 12 Candies of Christmas Part 3

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This article I've decided to re-post a little differently.  Since it's a special post for Christmas, the 12 days of Christmas in particular, I've decided to split it up into 12 parts and count down the days till the fat guy's going to bring me some sweet gifts.

'Tis the season to eat candy fa la la la la la la laaaaaa. As we all know Santa's Sack includes candy, and you know it's always what I want for Christmas. The question, with all of the Christmas candy out on the market, is which candy really says Christmas. Well in classic Candy Critic style we're going to tell you, and you better believe we're going to make it as cheesy as possible. Sooooooo.....

On the third day of Christmas (whenever that is) my true love gave to me......

1 Bag of Solid Chocolate Balls

Round and covered in foil, that would be a good description of these treats. The simplicity is very overwhelming, and that's the way these things have been for years, so help me if they ever change that... Now I'm sure your saying to yourself, "Hey what's the difference between these foil covered treats and others on the market?" The big difference has to be in the quality of the chocolate. I find the chocolates in the ball format tend to be a little smoother than most other chocolate holiday treats. There are some exceptions (Hershey Kisses are one), but for the most part when you unwrap a holiday treat it tends to be very waxy. Not theses.

Now this is the part that I have to make the one complaint, and it's very simple. The foil is so hard to get off, I must have at least 20 lbs of foil in my system from unsuccessfully trying to unwrap these things. If anybody knows a quick and efficient way to unwrap these, please let me know. They taste so good but for the love of mike, I'm guaranteed to ingest some foil every time.

CC

No comments: