Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Old Candy Critic Articles - Gum-o-fun Part 1

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week I'm posting part one of an article all about some of the prizes that come with your gum.  Next week I'll post the second part with a few more gums that I sampled.

So you got yourself a nickel? Well not only are you ready to enjoy a neat gum chewing treat but you may enjoy a little entertainment too. Since you only seem to have one nickel and you can only get one of these treats, the folks at Candy Critic want to help you pick out what could be the most important decision of the next five minutes. We're going to open a new door into a world of bubble blowing fun. You've trusted us with your candy choices, now it's time to take a look at entertainment too. So let's look at which one of these gums is both entertaining and tasty.

Bazooka Joe

The Gum
Regular? Sure. But its a little different than other “regulars”, it seems a little more like a strawberry than the classic mint regular flavour you might be used to. The flavour isn't bad, but my memory of this flavour seems like it was better when I was a kid.

Chew Time : 9:26

The Prize

Bazooka Joe is like the modern day Dubble Bubble. It’s colour and the characters and situations are a little more hip. The similarity - they're not really funny. I have to say I like a classic and these comics are nowhere near that.




Dubble Bubble

The Gum
Dubble Bubble is one of those gums that has a classic mint flavour one would expect from a gum marked as regular or original. Whenever you try something that is bubble gum flavoured, this is the flavour you expect.

Chew Time : 7:53

The Prize

These "Funnies" aren't really that funny. I always think to myself, why don't they write really great jokes that make you “dubble” over in laughter? Then one day it came to me, that's not the Dubble Bubble way. In fact there's something very nice about keeping a classic alive even if it’s not funny at all.





Henna Tattoos

The Gum
What flavour is this supposed to be? It's so bland, and really not that interesting at all. This is what plain gum would taste like if gum wasn’t supposed to be fun to eat.

Chew Time : 2:32

The Prize

It didn't go on perfectly, but I still think I look hot now. It's always neat to see popular trend like tattooing turned into a fun toy. The thing is, I always thought that henna was temporary anyway, so I'm not really sure what the point of making temporary Henna Tattoos would be.



CC

No comments: