Sunday, August 25, 2013

8 Days Of UK Treats - Day 7

During one of my podcasts, we got into a discussion as to whether or not rhubarb was a fruit or a vegetable. According to Canadian law, we discovered that it is in fact designated as a fruit.  I'm assuming that it's because of the applications this fruit/vegetable is used for, mostly desserts.  I also imagine that scientists might argue against rhubarb being a fruit since you're pretty much just eating the stalks of leaves.  I can see both arguments in this issue, I can also tell you that rhubarb is a much too often overlooked flavour for candy.  There are thousands of candy companies that produce fruit flavoured treats, but very few that include rhubarb in these categories.

Click here to read a classic rhubarb treat review.

CC

No comments: