Monday, May 26, 2014

This Week In Candy


One thing I'll miss about Greek, is name day treats.  For those unfamiliar with the Greek traditions, in Greece name days are more important than birthdays.  Most Greek people are named after saints, and each saint has a day associated with them.  Churches are also named after saints and during their name day their is a big celebration.  The great thing is, on your name day instead of getting gifts, you bring treats for your co-worker.  This means that at your average Greek workplace, there are several days of the year where there will be free treats awaiting you.  Some saints are very popular names for children as well, so on some name days you'll get a whole mess of treats.

I'm running a little late this week with the updates, I was on a photo shoot all weekend and I'm just back trying to get all my ducks in a row.  Snack facts will be back up and running tomorrow on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.  We posted the new candy review a little late, but it's up and pretty fascinating if you ask me.

You might also see a few posts in the next week or so about our sister site bewarethecheese.com's art show coming up.  It's not only a chance to see some great art, but I'll be at the opening, and I will have candy.

CC

No comments: