Wednesday, July 09, 2014

A Cool Candy Thing - Movie Edition Part 3

This week on our Cool Candy Thing - Movie Edition, we're looking at movies for adults.  While I don't suggest anybody search "adult movies candy" on Google, since you'll likely come up with very adult themes.  It is interesting to note that even the non-XXX rated adult movies about candy seem to really focus on the relationship between sex and candy.  It seems that as you grow older candy is supposed to represent passion instead of wholesome fun.  I've always seen candy as a way to stay young and child like, but it appears that many filmmakers see it as a bridge to sex.

Chocolat

I have to admit that I haven't seen either film that I'm mentioning today.  However, of the two, this is the one I'd most like to see.  I enjoy the work of Johnny Depp, and the basic concept of this movie seems fairly entertaining.


Consuming Passion

From what I've read, this movie was written by some of the members of Monty Python and that's a plus in my book.  While the idea of a man that accidentally puts people into their chocolates sounds interesting, I'm not sure if I really want to see this movie, as it looks a little cheesy to me.

CC

No comments: