Monday, July 14, 2014

This Week In Candy

Now that I'm wrapping up my adventure here in Greece, I'm finding myself desperately trying to taste every Greek sweet that I can lay my hands on.  In doing so I'm discovering some new treats, re-tasting some of my favorites, and even discovering some new versions of old favorites.  The photo above features an old favorite, Trigona, but this particular one was purchased in a bakery that's been making them since the start (or so they claim).  While I can't tell you for sure that their story is true, I can tell you that they make them better than any place I've ever tried before.

Speaking of my departure, this week was the last week for our Greek candy review fest.  For the last few months we've been posting exclusively Greek sweets every Monday for our new review.  This week we finished off with a classic Greek chocolate bar that's pretty common here, but for some reason no one else in the world has ever heard of it.  You can check out the review here.

Finally, this week week we're talking Twinkies on Snack Facts.  If you check out our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook feeds this week, every day you'll learn something new about the best (or worst) cake treat ever made.

CC

No comments: