Monday, June 15, 2015

This Week In Candy

So much going on this week, I don't know where to start!

First of all it's Mango season where I am right now.  I love mangoes, but I don't really know how to eat them, and I mean this in two ways.  When I do just sit down and eat one, I often make a huge mess and will inevitably have to clean my shirt afterwards.  I also don't really know how to cook, or make treats out of this yummy fruit.  So I've decided to try out a few recipes, and see how it goes. (I'm sure I'll post pictures on Twitter and Facebook)

I'm also planning my next great adventure, this time we're going to Sri Lanka.  It's my first time visiting this awesome looking island, and I'm not really sure what to expect.  I've heard the food is good, and the tea plantations are supposed to be amazing.  If anybody out there has any must eat places or foods, let me know.

Later this week I'll be posting an interesting article on the many varieties of hagelslag available in the Netherlands.  For those that aren't in the know, hagelslag is basically chocolate sprinkles you put on your buttered toast.  It sounds kind of crappy, but when you use the right toppings the results can be amazing.  The Dutch people take their hagelslag very seriously, and this week I'm looking at a few varieties to see which is the best.

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're looking at the raisin.  Probably the most polarizing of all dried fruits.  I've known people that threatened bodily harm if they were even forced to be near one.  However they're also one of the most popular chocolate covered dried fruit in the world. If you want to learn more about these dried grapes, you can follow Snack Facts on our Instagram feed.  If you don't use Instragram, you can also follow Snack Facts on our Twitter Feed and Facebook page as well.

On top of all of this awesome stuff we're working on, this week we're celebrating licorice... well sort of.  Every day for 40 days (except when I forget), I'm eating a single piece of licorice.  The idea is to try and get over my dislike of this very popular candy one piece at a time.  Also, this week we're having a review-a-thon, and you guessed it, the topic is licorice.  Everyday this week we'll post a new licorice review (many are the pieces of licorice I'm tasting every day).  You can click here to read today's new licorice review. And if you want to keep up with the rest of the new licorice reviews, and see what kind of licorice I'm eating every day, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr.

CC

No comments: