Monday, September 28, 2015

This Week In Candy

I'm getting ready to go on an epic journey, and I'm worried. I always worry before I go on a trip.  Will I pack the right things, will our plans go well, but most importantly will I find some interesting foods?  Every time I step foot into a new place I go into a panic mode.  Even in the airport I check out every store and restaurant to try and get an idea about what the foods of this country or place might be.  The first thing I want to do when I visit a place is head to a grocery store to check out what the locals buy.  I spend at least 20 minutes in the candy aisle of these stores just scoping things out.  I get nervous that I'll miss the important foods, the foods that I can't miss. In the end, I've never missed out on anything.  I eventually learn that the foods you find on your journey are the foods you need to try. They'll be obvious, or they're not really the foods of that country.

This week on Snack Facts we're looking at the gumball.  It's round, colourful, and is probably one of the most iconic candies ever.  Make sure to check our Instagram feed to keep up with all the Snack Facts fun.  If you don't use Instagram, don't worry, Snack Facts can also be found on our Twitter feed and Facebook page as well.

This week's new review is a classic candy that's been around my entire life.  Orange Tic Tacs played a pretty vital role in my childhood, and that's pretty obvious in this week's review.  Click here to read more.

CC

No comments: