Monday, November 02, 2015

This Week In Candy

It generally takes about a week for me to get home, and get sorted after a trip.  This trip to Southern Africa was particularly epic, but I still managed to get everything sorted out and it's all ready to go.  What does that mean for you?  Well to start, we're having a review-a-thon, and as you might have guessed, it's going to be all African treats we picked up on this adventure.  You can read more about the first entry into this week's review-a-thon below.  We'll also be posting a special article looking back at our adventure, and some of the cool foods we sampled going up on Thursday.

So what else has happened on our epic trip, well I got to thinking. More importantly I got to thinking about some of the projects I've been promising but not executing.  I've decided to use the month of November as the launching/testing for new projects here at Candy Critic, to see what's going to work and what won't.  On our African adventure I decided that I'm going to start producing more material, in more mediums.  On deck are the following projects:

The podcast is coming back!  Junk Fud will start again in November with a few different formats.  We'll see what works and play it by ear from there.  We'll make sure to let you all know about the new episodes on our social media, as well as on this blog.

The Periscope  show is going to be going up later this month.  The show will be called VS, and will let you vote on your favorite candy.  It'll be the ultimate contest of snack vs snack, like WWE meets Food Network.

More blog articles.  I've been writing some long format blogs about travel, food, and candy, and I'm going to start sharing them on this blog.  Some will be looks back at past food travel adventures, others will be food travel tips, some still will look at snack history and news.

Candy in the Media, and Cool Candy Things will continue, but they'll be a lot less of me yammering about them and more room for you to just enjoy the strange things we find on the internet.  Every Wednesday we'll pick out a Cool Candy Thing for you to check out and every Friday we'll randomly post a candy video, or a link to a cool candy game or website.

Finally, there has been some thought about updating the format of candycritic.org.  I'd love to do this, but frankly I don't have time to learn any new coding.  If anybody has any suggestions for upgrading the site, without me having to learn a brand new code, that would be great.

This week Snack Facts is back!!! We'll be coming to you with a new fact about a classic snack every day this week.  This week we're looking at one of the strangest candies every, cotton candy.  Sure it's a classic candy now, but cotton candy might be one of the first modern cuisine foods ever.  Every day this week we'll look at this strange treat and post a new fact on our Instagram feed.  Don't use Instagram, don't worry, we'll also post Snack Facts on our Facebook page and Twitter feed as well.

This week's new review was probably the most talked about snack that I picked up on my African adventure, Monkey Gland Sauce flavoured potato chips.  I can only assure you that no monkey was harmed in the making of these chips.  Click here to read the review of these very odd chips.

CC

No comments: