Monday, May 16, 2016

This Week In Candy

What a week it was last week... I've talked about getting food poisoning on this site before, I've talked about it on the podcast (Junk Fud) a few times, last week was not good.  People often tell me that I'm the luckiest guy in the world (and I don't argue), but people also tell me that being a food and travel writer must be all fun (it's a lot of fun), but there are some pretty heavy drawbacks.  The biggest drawback of being a food and travel writer is getting sick because you travel (or eat crazy foods). Last week Allison and I stopped in a third world country's truck stop and ordered what we thought would be the safest menu item.  We were very wrong. Yesterday was the first time we'd stepped out of the house in 6 days, before that we barely ever left our beds.  We're not perfect yet, but we're starting to get things back on track.


So what needs to get back on track?  Well first of all I haven't mentioned on this blog that we've posted the latest episode of Chris, Why Would You Eat That?!!  Rather than post it later this week, you'll see that it's embedded above.  Along with my food poisoning, I seem to have caught a bit of a cough.  Someone a while back sent me an interesting cure for a cough from days of yore.  So this week we'll be taping another episode of Chris, Why Would You Eat That?!! where I'll try this "cure".

Fortunately we had prearranged all of our posts for last week in advance, so nothing was missed.  We didn't unfortunately get to record a new episode of Junk Fud, our podcast.  We're going to try and make up for lost time, but that means that this month the podcasts may come out a little sporadically.  We're also going to continue to work on a few future blog articles this week. We're also finishing up our plans for our next adventure, which is a trip through India... Gotta be honest, after the food poisoning, I'm a little afraid (surprise me India, please).

This week on Snack Facts, or Instagram feed, we're looking at the Toblerone bar.  Probably one of the most unique bars, shape wise, and also known to be very high quality.  Make sure to check back every day this week to learn something new about this triangular bar.  You can follow Snack Facts on Twitter, Facebook, and of course Instagram.

I was sick last week, so I have to admit that this latest review was one I had lined up from a while back.  When I picked the review for this week, I thought, "what would make me feel better?" The first thing that came to mind was chocolate. So this week's review is a treat with a really unique, chocolate experience. You can read all about it here.

CC

No comments: