Monday, January 16, 2017

This Week In Candy

This past week I came across something that really rubbed me the wrong way. I posted a photo on our Facebook and Twitter feeds, and asked if people could figure out why the photo bothered me. Instantly everyone figured out what was wrong with these cookies (see the image here). You might at first think it's the pink colour of the cookies, while not really that appetizing, it wasn't the real problem. The real problem is very simple, mini Hershey's Kisses are just chocolate chips, calling them mini Hershey's Kisses sounds silly.  I'm sure Hershey would argue and say that these "Mini Kisses" are made of the same chocolate as Hershey's Kisses, so they are in fact not the same.  I would then argue that chocolate chips come in a huge variety of chocolate types. This might make me start calling regular Hershey's Kisses, giant chocolate chips.

What do you think about these mini Hershey's Kisses, are they just chocolate chips, or is there something different about them?

This week here at candycritic.org we're starting to work out our designs for winter candies. Last week we told you about our goal to create a few special winter candies that aren't Christmas or Valentine's candies. A few people have suggested some great ideas, but we're still looking for more, so send us any winter candy ideas to us via Facebook, Twitter, or just comment below. We're also still updating the Doughnut Project and Snack Facts regularly.  You can check out both of these projects on our Instagram feed (as well as our Facebook and Twitter feeds).

This week's new review is not my favourite candy in the world, but it brings back fond memories.  It reminds me of the time I spent Christmas in Australia.  Not only was this a fun trip to remember, but it also reminds me that at least somewhere in the world there are people that aren't freezing. Click here to read this memory inducing review.

CC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ,,this post is very nice ,,,this candy is very good and testy mango candy