Monday, February 20, 2017

This Week In Candy

I've decided to go on a bulk buying extravaganza.  I came across 20 dollars in our candycritic.org budget, and I've decided to spend it on bulk candy.  There's a chain of bulk food stores in Canada called Bulk Barn (I know it's a silly name, but it's really an amazing place), and I've decided that I'm going to spend the money there.  I love buying bulk candy because it allows me to buy a huge variety of treats without having to buy a huge quantity.  When you buy in bulk there's often no minimum, so you can go into a store, put one gummy bear in a bag, and pay for it. It reminds me of the old days of penny candy, which as far as I can tell no longer exists anywhere.  So I've got a few bucks to spend at a bulk store, what do you recommend I get? Let me know in the comments, on Twitter, or Facebook.

This week we're also posting some great new content, including a new episode of our podcast Junk Fud On The Road.  Junk Fud On The Road is all about the places and foods Allison and I have discovered all over the world.  This episode is about one of our favourite foodie places, the UK. I know it's not really a country, but a collection of countries attached to an island, we just couldn't help ourselves.

This week we'll also be posting a few new additions to the Doughnut Project, this is where I attempt to sample as many different Tim Horton's doughnuts as I can.  Since it's Rrrrroll Up The Rim To Win time, I find myself going to Tim Horton's fairly often no a days. For those that don't understand Rrrrrroll Up The Rim To Win, it's an annual contest at Tim Horton's where you have to roll the rim of your cup up to find out what you've won.  It's a contest that's so popular in Canada that it makes the news every year. As of this morning I've only one a free coffee, but I'm hoping my luck changes. Make sure to check out the Doughnut Project on our Instagram feed.

This week's new candy review comes from our latest episode of Chris, Why Would You Eat That?!! The candy was a gift from some friends that went on vacation in Cambodia, and they picked me up some rather strange treats. This one had the most unique packaging ever, but I'm not sure how it affected the candy itself.  Click here to check out the latest review.

CC

No comments: