Monday, April 24, 2017

This Week In Candy

We had a bit of a technical problem last week, only this time the technical problem had nothing to do with the internet, or my computer. Last week's technical problem had to do with my molar.  Last week, after biting into a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread (you will have seen it on our Facebook and Twitter feeds) it felt like something went wrong in my mouth.  After a few bites I noticed that something appeared to be digging into my tong. I assumed that I had something stuck between my teeth, and felt around a little with my finger.  I quickly realized that the thing digging into my tong was attached to my tooth.

As it turns out I broke a filling... On cinnamon raisin bread.  I managed to struggle with it that night, but I didn't sleep very well.  The next day I called my dentist and made an emergency appointment.  As it turns out I managed to destroy one of my old fillings (as a note I should remind everybody that I haven't had a new cavity in several years). My dentist fixed me up, but unfortunately I happen to require a lot of Novocaine to freeze my mouth, so I was out of commission for a couple of days.  In fact it's been 5 days since the procedure and my jaw still hurts.

So this means three things, first of all I missed one of the reviews in our Icelandic candy review-a-thon, I made up for it yesterday though.  Secondly I was not able to finish writing my recipe for the Ottawa Snowbank ice cream treat I created.  I should be making up for that later this week.  Finally, I may, or may not be posting the latest episode of Junk Fud On The Road this week.  It may have to wait till next week as we couldn't record it last week.  At times like this I'm glad that I write many of my reviews well in advance.

Speaking of which, this week's review was one I wrote earlier in the summer, but I was surprised it took me that long.  Take 5 is a bar that's been around for a while, but I've just never been that keen to review it.  After eating it, I'm not that keen on getting it again either. Click here to find out why.

CC

No comments: