Monday, May 01, 2017

This Week In Candy

I've had a recent thought about candy flavours, and it's all about fresh figs.  You don't really have that many fig candies in the modern candy world, and it's a shame.  Likely the most famous sweet with figs is the Fig Newton, and that's just sad.  Mostly because Fig Newtons make people think about figs as dried up brown fruit, and not a juicy red fruit.  When I lived in Greece, I became obsessed with figs, particularly fresh ones.  Now that I'm back home I really miss eating them, and unlike other fruits, I can't even get my fix of fresh figs in the candy world.

I think it's about time some candy companies started to use fresh figs and the base for more candies.  I think a fig gummy, or fig lollipop would be a great way to start.  The fig gummy would be particularly perfect because gummies are also soft like figs.  You could ad some little candy bits to simulate the seeds, and it would be perfect.

I've noticed lately that we've been neglecting our Instagram feed, and haven't had a Snack Fact or entry in the Doughnut Project in a while.  I think this week I'll collect some content and get that ball rolling again.  I've also been on a bit of a baking/candy making kick, so you should expect some new recipes over the summer.  Next weekend I'm thinking of experimenting with a really bizarre baking ingredient that I've recently acquired.  I'm also planning on shooting a new episode of Chris, Why Would You Eat That?!!. Make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with all of this fun stuff as we do it.  I'm also thinking of live streaming a few things on Periscope as well.

This week's new review has the word "fun" in it, but frankly I'm not really sure why.  These are by no means fun at all.  I think even if you like these snacks, you'd probably agree that they're not really fun.  Click here to see why we didn't find these to be fun at all.

CC

No comments: