Monday, May 08, 2017

This Week In Candy

This week I discovered something really surprising, it was a happy surprise. This week while wandering through a grocery store, as I'm apt to do, I came across a box of special edition Froot Loops celebrating Canada's 150th birthday.  Then I came across a box of maple cookies (one is picture above) that was sporting a special red colour, also for  Canada's 150th.  I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the snack food industry for this holiday, but the two things I've seen so far impress me.  While the maple cookies didn't surprise me, the Froot Loops really did.  It's made me wonder about what other food companies are going to create special treats for this grand celebration, and more importantly, how they plan to do it.

I think over the next few weeks I'm going to be out on the prowl for special treats celebrating Canada Day this year. Make sure to keep up with our Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr feeds to see what we find. This week I've also decided to celebrate one of the most iconic Canadian desserts on our Instagram feed Snack Facts.  We're going to be posting fun facts about the butter tart all week long. I'm also hoping to record, and post the latest episode of Junk Fud On The Road this week, however it might actually go up next week for reasons.  This episode is going to be about our adventures in Poland.

This week's new review is a Japanese treat, that tastes like Tonkatsu.  The problem with this treat is I'm not really sure what it's called.  The wrapper isn't very clear, but if you know, or can decipher more of the wrapper than I can, let me know so I can adjust the review.  Click here to read the review, and let me know if you can tell me what it says.

CC

No comments: