Monday, September 07, 2020

This Tiny Candy Made Me Think Some Pretty Big Thoughts - Starburst "Minis Original"

There is the famous expression that "size doesn't matter", I do not believe that at all when it comes to candy. I think the size of a candy can make or break it for so many reasons. Health is the first thing that comes to mind, as you should really not eat an entire 5 pound Hershey bar by yourself. Next thing to think about is variety, better to have a few bites with varying flavours than eat a candy until you're sick of it (I call this the Costco effect). It also sucks to have too fleeting a taste of a candy. The last, and I argue most important thing to think about when the size of a treat changes is the ratio of ingredients. The biggest problem I find when I eat a candy treat that's had a size change is the ratio of ingredients changes and throws everything off. Strangely this treat had a problem of its own.

Click here to find out why I don't think these Starburst succeeded being mini Starburst.

Don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to get even more fund candy stuff.

You should also check out our Micro Comic called Snack Facts, it's pretty sweet.

CC


No comments: