Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Peeps 5 Ways

 I just ate Peeps prepared 5 different ways, and I'm blown away at the results. It's amazing how different the results were each and every way I prepared them. I should note that I'm not a huge fan of Peeps, but maybe if they offered them with cooking or cooling instructions I might like them a little more. Here's the results and how I felt:

Regular - You can read all my Peeps reviews, but one thing you'll notice about many of them is that I find the flavour is just way too bland. The only Peeps I regularly enjoy are the variety that are flavoured, particularly with chocolate. This was no exception.

Refrigerated - This was probably the most surprising of all the Peeps preparations. I'm finding that most candy items that I put in a refrigerator just get cold. There are a few chocolate bar exceptions, but more often than not I'm very disappointed with refrigerated candy. This was one of the few exceptions where the texture was totally changed for the better, and that's important because I'm not a huge fan of marshmallow's texture.

Frozen - This was also a surprise, but I don't think it went as well as the refrigerated. I would say that this is an improvement, but it was almost so weird that I'm not sure if I really liked it or not. The frozen centre was fun, but not enough to really make me fall in love with these.

Microwaved - The greatest part about this preparation is how the candy coating got hard. The inside of the marshmallow also got very gooey, but the powder coating turned into a hard candy coating that I really liked. I would also suggest that anyone with some Peeps and a microwave throw a few in there just for fun, as watching them expand is really cool.

Baked - This was not surprising, but it was by far my favourite. I don't really like marshmallows, unless they're roasted. This totally worked because it gave me the nice toasted marshmallow flavour and included the hard candy shell. One day I hope to have a box of Peeps on a camping trip and I may attempt to make these into s'mores.

If you want to check out more of my videos, make sure to follow me on YouTube.

If you want to keep up with all my fun adventures, make sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram

If you'd like even more fun content, be sure to follow me on Patreon as well.

CC

No comments: