Thursday, September 07, 2006

What a dip

One of the new articles we’re working on here at Candy Critic is a best brand of chips piece (man I have to come with a better title than that). That leaves us at Candy Critic with a whole lot of regular chips sitting around, half eaten bags of regular chips to be exact. The other problem, if you want to call it that, is that I’m really lazy. I have no time to make up some dip, or chutney, or salsa. So my solution is to look around the kitchen and see what I can dip my chip into.

I started with the classic, sour cream. It’s really the base for most dips I know how to make. I only know how to make like two or three dips but generally sour cream is the first things I add. It’s cool, refreshing, and not bad on it’s own.

Second thing I found was butter. Now I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone with a heart condition or problems with cholesterol, or on a diet… Actually I wouldn’t really recommend this to anybody that wanted to live past 30. The problem is, it taste pretty good. Having said that I challenge anybody to find something that isn’t good with butter.

This one might be a bit of a cheat. It isn’t just one thing, however it was just sitting in my fridge, and maybe for a few days too many. Tuna Salad is awesome on chips; I know this because I normally put chips on my tuna salad sandwich.

I think I did this one more for the novelty than to be realistic, or so I thought. I figured chocolate taste ok on chips, why not something else sweet. As it turns out raspberry jam is pretty good on chips too.

Man is there anything that’s not good to dip your chip?

CC

No comments: