Thursday, November 22, 2007

Feeling hot, hot, hot. Part 2 (or Warm Dr Pepper)

So tonight Allison and I decided to go out for a little walk. As it turns out the weather report called for cold icy rain. So when we got home let’s just say we where a little frozen.

With a bottle of Dr. Pepper in the fridge I figure I’d put into action my latest online discovery (one I had posted on November 15th), warm Dr. Pepper.

So turning my stove to a somewhat low temperature. I was worried about boiling the Dr. Pepper too quickly and ending up with syrup. I started my little experiment.

At first nothing really seemed to happen, not that I expected much to happen too soon at a low heat.

But quickly I noticed that the Dr. Pepper started to really fizz up. I figured this meant that my warm Dr. Pepper was going to be pretty flat. As soon as I started to see steam I decided it was time to take it off. I also decided that this particular pot was really stained.

The verdict? Basically it tastes like really sweet tea. I keep thinking back to when I was a kid and I used to have tea with the grown ups but I didn’t like the taste of tea. My solution was to put about 12 sugars in it so the bitterness would go away. That’s pretty much what this tasted like. I was just happy it didn’t taste like warm cough syrup.

CC

No comments: