Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Key Lime Donut

I have to give Tim Horton’s credit for their Donut of the month this month. It’s gutsy to say the least. They label it as Key Lime, but really there’s so much more going on in this donut that it frankly boggles my imagination.
So not only do you have they’re standard plain donut with a lime like flavoured cake (courage for not making it some kind of glazed treat). But then there’s some kind of frosting on top, my best guess would be vanilla.
The strange part comes after this. On top of the icing is some kind of cake crumb pressed oat granola type topping. I have to say that I like it. I find it strange with the key lime cake but I really like this donut. I don’t know if it’s something I’d get again and again, it could be that the main reason I like it is that it’s just so strange.
CC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The icing is peach flavoured. As for the crumbs on top, I have no clue what they are.

Chris Stewart said...

Really, peach? That makes even less sense.