Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ultra-cool

I just want to point out that I didn’t plan any part of what happened to me today. First of all while walking through Sunshine City in Ikebokoku (sp?) I came across this huge sculpture of Ultraman. Now I’m not a big fan of the show… movie… See I’ve never actually watch it before but I really love the cheesy costumes I’ve seen come out of it. So finding this statue was a fun little thrill.
However hours later across town I also came across this vending machine selling Ultra-cider. A cool promotion to go with Ultraman.
I got this cool can that looks kind of like part of Ultraman’s cool suit. I love the fact that rather than label a product like Coke or Pepsi with the Ultraman logos but still keep the product name the same, here in Japan they commit to their gimmicks. This isn’t a well-known soda, this is Ultra-cider. No Coka-Cola bottling company presents, Ultraman Coke. Commitment by the drink company, now that’s awesome.
With all of these cool can designs to choose from I’m becoming a bit of a fan. It turned out the be an Ultraman ultra day, who could of guessed.
CC

No comments: