Wednesday, January 05, 2011

You Will More Likely Buy A Chocolate Bar For a Good Cause

According to "statistics people", you will go out of your way and pay more for a candy if you think it's going to a good cause.  That tells me that people are generally trying to be really good to their fellow man, and that makes me happy.  The only thing about this that makes me sad is the number of scammers I've seen playing on this emotion in people.  For example, I know of one scam where companies will put stickers on their gumball machines saying that a portion of the profits from that machine go to charity.  The thing is a portion does go to charity, the problem is that it's a small one time payment and not a percentage of the sales from that machine.

Click here to read the good news.

CC

No comments: