Monday, February 28, 2011

My Vacation (Part 1)

Well I just got back from a great vacation. Thanks to the internet I was able to post a few things here and there as well as pre-post a whole bunch of things.  But I didn't simply forget about the whole candy world, no I can't seem to get away from my love of sweet treats no matter where I visit.  So over the next few days I'm going to post some of my vacation candy finds.  The first stop on my trip was Brighton in the UK.
Brighton is known as a beach vacation town, and even though it was winter they still had all kinds of beach themed treats.  Take for example these marshmallow nude (or semi nude) sunbathers.  What could possibly leave you with better memories than these?
Being a beach town, particularly in the UK, the number of seagulls was exceptional.  The joke about buying a bag of seagull poop candy would have been a lot funnier had I not been sprayed half an hour before.
While on the Brighton Pier (a fun theme park/arcade) I came across this gambling like machine that gave out candy as its prize.  Since I generally suck at gambling I decided to give it a pass.
At the Brighton museum they had a small display about some of the treats that used to be available in this town.  Brighton has a great history of treats, games and general good times.  I personally wish some company would get nostalgic enough to use these bottles again.
I came across a cool little candy store called Cyber Candy.  They had all kinds of imported candies including a great selection of Canadian treats.  It made me feel proud to see the maple leaf on a box of Oh Henry bars.
To cap my day off I stopped at a local tea shop and picked up a "Billionaire Shortbread".  It's basically short bread covered in the finer things in life.  Thanks Brighton for the awesome sweet treat experience.

CC

No comments: