Monday, September 19, 2011

Trying to Get an Agent/Publisher - Rejection 8

As you may or may not know, I'm trying to sell a Candy Critic book idea. If you know (or are) someone that can help me out, say hello.  If not, please enjoy my now regular posts of rejections I've received from agents and publishers.

"Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to read your submission.  I appreciate you considering me for representation of your project.

Unfortunately, after careful review, I have decided that I might not be the right agent for your work.  This industry is incredibly subjective, and there are many agencies out there with many different tastes.  It is for this reason that I strongly encourage you to keep submitting elsewhere, in the hopes of finding an agent who will be an enthusiastic champion for you and your work.

I apologize for the form letter reply, but the volume of submissions I receive has finally made it impossible for me to personalize responses as I have for many years.  I hope you will understand and forgive me this necessary efficiency.  In addition, I do not feel it is appropriate for me to provide detailed editorial feedback on projects I have decided not to represent.

I wish you all the very best of luck and success with your writing.

Sincerely,

___________________"

CC

No comments: