Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Candy Costume Ideas - Candy Corn

Halloween is quickly approching, and if you haven't decided what you want to wear, you still have time.  Sure you could go as a spooky goblin, or your favorite serial killer, but why not go a different direction this year?  Why not dress up as your favorite sweet treat?  To help you out with your costume decision making, every day this week I'll be scouring Amazon.com in search of some of the best, and strangest candy related costumes.
The biggest surprise I found searching out candy costumes, is the sheer number of candy corn related costumes.  You can pretty much find any kind of clothing with a candy corn theme.  This is strange considering how many people I know that really don't like the candy itself.  I'm guessing that the popularity comes from the instant recognizably of the treat and its relation to Halloween.
There also seems to be this running theme of the "Candy Corn Witch".  I'm not sure if this idea comes from a book or movie originally, but it's a very common theme in the costume world.  I would also like to add that the number of dog costumes I found was really disturbing.  I can admit that maybe some dogs might like to wear costumes, but dressing them up for Halloween is kind of cruel because they're not allowed to eat any of the treats.
I also found a number of "costumes" that could also be seen as cheesy clothing options as well.  In fact costumes like this gogo girl outfit could easily be worn all year... Well maybe my fashion sense isn't that great.
Of all of the individual clothing items with a candy corn theme that I found, shoes where the most common.  You can pretty much buy any style of ladies dress shoe with a candy corn theme that you want.  Now if they made a men’s running shoe in a size 13, I might consider it.

CC

No comments: