Monday, October 03, 2011

Candy Costume Ideas - Kids

Halloween is quickly approching, and if you haven't decided what you want to wear, you still have time.  Sure you could go as a spooky goblin, or your favorite serial killer, but why not go a different direction this year?  Why not dress up as your favorite sweet treat?  To help you out with your costume decision making, every day this week I'll be scouring Amazon.com in search of some of the best, and strangest candy related costumes.

To start off I thought I would focus on the kids.  After all, when you grow up they stop giving you candy when you go knocking on doors, so the best way to get around this is to have kids so you can just take some of their candy.  This little Hershey's Kiss costume would be sure to rack in the candy this year.  I think it would also make sure that you get lots of Hershey's Kisses.  I figure that if anybody saw this little tot in your hands and they happened to be giving out Hershey's Kisses, you'd probably get extra.
This one might score you a few extra M&M's this year.  I particularly like the fact that they got a blond kid to wear this costume.  For the perfect effect it's good to think about these kinds of details.

Don't think this plan of sending your kids out for Halloween to score you candy is just for really little kids.  Older kids owe you a dept of gratitude for letting them live under your roof, nothing a few choice treats couldn't pay for.  And if you're into M&M's peanuts this costume will serve you well.
I went through a lot of kids candy costumes and I realized something.  The younger you dress your kid as a candy treat, the creepier it is.  I think it kind of reminds me of a Hansel and Gretel type theme.  You really don't want your kid looking appetizing, do you?

CC

No comments: