Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pickles Chips

One of the most interesting thing about visiting the northern part of Belgium is checking out some of the old war monuments and sites.  Being Canadian there are many places to visit that have great historical ties to Canada, one such places is Passchendaele.  Passchendaele is a site where many Canadians fought and triumphed in WWI.  On top of one of the ridges is a great monument to the Canadian soldiers lost during that battle.  It was very moving to stand in that place.
Right after visiting that site, Allison and I decided we'd stop at a grocery store only a few meters away to get a snack.  My heart leaped with joy when while looking through the snack section I found that they sold pickle chips.  I later discovered that they in fact sell pickle chips all over Belgium, but to discover this right after visiting a site dedicated to some fine Canadians made me feel really home sick and proud.

CC

No comments: