Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Smarties + Yogurt =?

Earlier this year I discovered that Nutella and yogurt taste really great together. Although I've always enjoyed yogurt with sweet things, like jam and honey, I never really made the connection between yogurt and sweet treats.  As it turns out Nestle already had a plan to take my mixing of sweet treats and yogurt to a new level.
What we have here is vanilla yogurt with a handful of mini Smarties (the British/Canadian kind). When I first saw this snack I thought it might have been a pudding treat and I figured the addition of Smarties seemed pretty normal.  Once I figured out that it was yogurt I was pretty amazed at the creativity and bravery of Nestle to put this snack on the market.
The packaging was also really creative as well.  With a nice crease built into the divider of the two container, all you have to do is tip the Smarties side and they pour into the yogurt.  Fortunately I didn't get this mixed up because that would have been a pretty bad mess.
Other than the creativity of mixing yogurt with candy, the texture of this treat was really great as well.  Smooth cool yogurt with crunchy Smarties was really great texture.  I don't think chocolate alone would have given the same texture and it probably would have melted as soon as it hit the yogurt.
Not that the M&Ms didn't melt, in fact after a few minutes I had streaks of colour running all through my yogurt. Although I think the candy shell managed to hold on long enough for me to eat the whole container of yogurt.  The only thing that I might change in this treat is the sweetness of the yogurt.  Maybe taking down the sweet vanilla flavour might have given the yogurt a better contrast to the M&Ms.

CC

1 comment:

pastel said...

2012 was a long time ago, it’s now the end of 2018. idk where this comment is going, i wonder why you don’t post this stuff anymore.... unless you do.