Monday, February 27, 2012

This Week In Candy

Candy News - This week seems like a fairly slow week in the world of candy news.  I guess that's a good and bad thing.  We like a busy week in candy news because it makes it easy to fill up my daily links.  However a busy week can also mean a million e-mails clogging up our inbox.

What's Happening At Candy Critic - This year we at Candy Critic have gotten into the Lent spirit a little.  It's kind of a new thing for us, but it's proven to be fun and interesting. It's interesting to hear about how many different cultures celebrate Lent, and even more interesting to see how people choose to follow these rules.

Rant - One of the things I don't mention too often on this site is the importance of the environment when it relates to candy.  I read article after article all about how the environment effects the growth of sugar, cocoa, and many other ingredients in candy.  I also read about how these growers also effect the environment around them.  While I've never boycotted a candy company because of their environmental stance, I do like to give positive credit to companies that work positive environmental changes into their companies.

No comments: