Thursday, March 01, 2012

Fresh Is An Unused Word

The other day I was walking by one of my local chocolate shops and I noticed something interesting on their sign.
The sign says that they offer "Fresh Belgian Chocolate".  This to me is a pretty amazing thing.  It's not amazing that they offer "Fresh" chocolate, it's amazing that more companies don't seem to care about how fresh their chocolate actually is.  In fact, most companies I know don't seem to worry that much about the freshness of their treats.  Sure a few have expiration dates, but many bars can be months old before they cross that line.  How come chocolate, an item that often contains products that do expire (milk most notably) rarely offers fresh products?  This should not just be a rare treat when you're buying chocolates, fresh chocolates should be more common, particularly in the fine box chocolate category.  In fact, un-fresh chocolate should be rare.

CC

No comments: