Monday, March 12, 2012

This Week In Candy


Candy News -  Easter is really one of the best times of year to get sweet treats.  In North America if you're a chocolate fanatic this is really your time of year.  I've learned this year that other countries also celebrate this time of year, but many don't go with classic chocolate eggs and bunnies.  Often you find treats geared towards how each culture celebrates this religious part of this time of year.  It's really fascinating and really tasty too.

What's Happening At Candy Critic -  The main news over the last week, as well as over the next few weeks to follow, is a new art project I'm working on at bewarethecheese.com.  It involves collecting as many different kind of spreads for bread that I can.  While the art project will deal with the visual aspects of these spreads, I'm thinking about writing a little about each of these spreads on this blog.  Sure some aren't sweet, but I really think there are some fascinating things that people spread on bread.

Rant -  Not much is ticking me off this week.  Sure I could muster up a complaint about chocolate qualities for Easter treats, or fight the hollow vs solid chocolate bunny argument, but frankly I just want to sit back with a Cadbury Cream Egg and watch the day go by instead.

CC

No comments: