Sunday, April 22, 2012

Is It A Licorice Review?

I have a hard time defining what is licorice.  Licorice purists would say that licorice is the extract from a root that gives a flavour.  It is often associated in candy form with the colour black, and has a very strong flavour.  Candy purists might go so far as to include certain kinds of red licorice as well, since they are in the spirit of black licorice whips.  They allow for a more subtle fruity flavour, for those that don't enjoy the black licorice.  Others (including the people who make the candy reviewed) consider any kind of chewy candy that is fairly flexible to be licorice.  I fall closer to the candy purists myself, but I'm open minded enough to change my opinion in either direction.

Click here to read this controversial review.

CC

No comments: