Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ritz Bits Sandwiches S'mores


When I first set eyes on this box of Ritz bits sandwiches "S'mores", I was fairly grossed out.  I think it had something to do with the idea of eating a marshmallow and chocolate cream on a cheese cracker.  After thinking about it a bit, I figured that maybe the savory sweet combination might work.  then I read the package and realized that the crackers were in fact graham flavoured and not cheese.
Each cookie is filled with a white and brown cream to represent the marshmallow and chocolate.  I have to say that the chocolate tasted fine, but the marshmallow really had no flavour at all.  It was fairly disapointing. I would have thought they could have given the cream a toasted marshmallow flavour, and that would have worked really well with the chocolate.  Even better would be to have put a toasted marshmallow flavour with little chunks of real chocolate.
Fortunately the yummy graham cracker outside and tasty chocolate filling really worked well together.  I wouldn't call these "s'mores", but I would call them tasty.

CC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What year is this back from? & do you have a picture of the back?