Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day Trip To Evia

 Greece has some pretty great islands, and exploring them is always a fun time.  Particularly when you explore them with a couple of friends.  This past weekend Allison and I went to Evia (the second largest island in Greece) to meet up with our friends Alex and Efi.
 Efi showed us a fig tree that had fresh figs ready for the picking.  I can't tell you how tasty fresh figs are, it's like the flavour is improved when they're warm, fresh off the tree.
I also had this strange ice cream sundae at Dodoni with bits of pastry crust, caramel, and powdered sugar.  I don't remember what it was called, but it was fairly strange and tasty.  It opens my mind a little about what you can put on ice cream.  I'm thinking a future project about strange ice cream toppings is in order.

CC

No comments: