Monday, August 13, 2012

This Week In Candy

Candy News -  The hot weather in North America seems to dominate the news headlines these days, in particular the bad crops and possible increase in food prices.  The question is how is this going to affect the candy industry.  A great deal of the ingredients found in candy are produced outside of North America, in particular the expensive ingredients like sugar a chocolate.  But there are still many things grown more locally that are used often, like corn and potatoes.  So will there be a dramatic price increase in candy over the next year?

What's Happening At Candy Critic - I've decided to put myself on a strict baking regime as of late.  I'm working on a baking cookbook and frankly I've been doing far too little baking for a guy writing a cookbook.  I'm also racking my brain for good Candy Critic review-a-thons, so if you have any ideas, it would be much appreciated.  Finally I'm thinking about starting a section on this blog about candy tourism, if you have any places that should be mentioned, let me know.

Rant - Is it too hot to write a rant?  I should probably just cool my jets with some ice cream instead.

CC

No comments: