Friday, January 04, 2013

My Last Lunch in New Zealand

To cap off this awesome trip to New Zealand, I thought I would experiment with a little fast food.  This also made sense since there's only fast food available near the airport.  We stopped at McDonald's, and I got myself a Kiwi Burger.  Sadly it did not contain any Kiwi, the bird or the fruit.  Instead it was full of beetroot and egg.  I can't say that I've ever had beetroot on a burger before, but I can tell you that I will have it again.  The sweet flavour works similarly to that of sweet pickles, but the crunch is a little more hardy.

The great thing about this new discovery is I can easily do it at home as well.  I may get a few weird looks from people, but any brave enough to copy me will be greatly rewarded.

As a side note, Allison braved the lamb burger, which also contained beetroot and egg.  She say's the lamb patty was "processed and kind of yucky" but she did enjoy the beetroot.

CC

No comments: