Monday, February 11, 2013

This Week In Candy

I'm starting this week in candy with a look at an invention that was introduced to me a few months ago, but I only remembered it recently.  It's very simple, but very tasty as well.  You simply take a slice of banana, top it with a glob of Nutella, then a small dollop (or spray) of whipped cream.  I've decided to call this dessert the "Virginia", after the creator of this simple and very tasty treat.  She originally suggested that this would make a perfect, and simple, canape for any classy event.

Later this week we'll be posting a few experiments dealing with chocolate cake.  I'm interested in chocolate cake because frankly it's the best cake available, cake is also one of the more versatile and generic baked goods.  The goal is to gain a better understanding of chocolate cake, and maybe create a few tasty treats along the way.

Finally, this week is Valentines Day, I have nothing in particular to say on the subject, other than I hope you get, and give, some loving treats this year.  And if you can't think of anything, a batch of Virginias might be the perfect treat.

CC

No comments: