Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Old Candy Critic Articles - What I've learned

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week I'm posting an article I wrote with some candy lessons I had just learned.  Since then I've learned a few more.

When I started a website all about reviewing candy, I really didn't think about what I would learn putting this together. I've learned a little about chemistry, a little about geography, and yes even a little about love, but there is so much more that I've picked up putting this page together for so many years. Much of what I learn, I pass onto you. There's no point in letting this information haunt me, and me alone. I feel the need to spread the word that is candy, and torment you with more knowledge than you could ever imagine on the subject. Sometimes I notice little things that really aren't that interesting enough to warrant an article, but I need to fill space so here are some facts I want to share:

1) A good idea to some is not necessarily a good idea.

2) The history of candy is big, and when I say big, I mean big. I'm reading and researching the general history of candy both for my own interest and to better set up the site, and the vastness of the subject is insane.

3) I have never seen a candy that starts with the letter 'U'.  (Update, I’ve now tasted 3)

4) The reason why so many candies are not available in many areas has more to do with labels, than ingredients. One of the most common questions I get is "why some candy can't be found in certain areas". Most people think it has to do with ingredients but for the most part it’s a problem with labelling laws.

5) My grammar and geography skills, although improving, are still pretty bad. So if you see something wrong on the site, please feel free to share it with me.

6) People think I'm an overweight recluse. I don't understand this idea, I put my picture up all over the site, and you can see that I’m not that chubby.

Well I'm still learning and growing, and even loving. So every day I'll keep my eye open for new and fun candy facts and treats so you can continue to read all about the junk I eat.

CC

No comments: