Monday, August 04, 2014

Canadian Candy List - Part 2 - Worst Treats

Over the last few years I've been living away from my home country, Canada.  I've been traveling the world exploring all kinds of snack foods, junk foods, and sweets, but my heart is still in Canada.  I'm going to be back home for an extended period, and I've decided to compile various lists on the theme of Canadian candy and snacks.  Each week, for the next several weeks, I'll be posting a different list of Canadian candies I've reviewed in various categories.  Some of these treats may be available in other parts of the world, some are exclusive to the Great White North, but in my mind all of them are Canadian.

Canada is not perfect, more specifically, not every Canadian treat is perfect.  There are some Canadian treats that I really haven't missed at all while I've been away.  In fact being as far away as possible from these treats makes me happy that I get to travel so much.  Now I know I'm going to raise some ire with these treats, since some of them may be your favorites. While each one of these treats represent the land I love, they're just not for me.

Of all the treats I'm putting on this list, the Big Turk is probably the one that most people would object to being one of the "Worst Treats" in Canada.  There are those who love this bar, and those who can't stand this bar, I am one that can't stand it.

Click here to read our Big Turk review. 

 Bridge Mixture is a hit or miss snack.  One bite could lead to you getting the perfect combination of chocolate and nuts, and then another bite could lead you to getting a mouthful of gross chocolate covered random fruit.  While I always like adventure in candy, I don't like this gamble.

Click here to read our Bridge Mixture review.

 This treat has a fatal flaw right off the bat, coconut and caramel rarely go well together.  What makes this treat even worse, is that there isn't any real caramel to speak of, only a caramel flavour.  It's just not a good idea, and even a poorer execution.

Click here to read our Butterscotch Macaroon review.
 When I was a kid there was only one kind of Oh Henry! bar.  Then, about 10 years ago they started playing with the recipe and created a whole bunch of alternative flavours.  Some worked fairly well, others ended up like the Oh Henry! Pro.

Click here to read the Oh Henry! Pro review.

Miss Vickies chips are fantastic, in fact they're one of my staples when it comes to potato chips.  A few years back, Miss Vickie's had the idea to "expand their brand".  This lead to disasters like these chocolate chip cookies.

Click here to read the Miss Vickie's Chocolate Chip Cookie review.

CC





No comments: